<VV> Origin of Chevrolet Dealer that sold Corva...

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 2 19:04:04 EST 2007

Forgot to copy VV... sorry.
Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: J R Read_HML
To: LonzoVair at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Information on how to find Origin of Chevrolet Dealer thatsold Corva...

Memories from other GM cars of the era, were a metal stamping (my '65 tempest - bought new) with (let's call it) reversed (mirror image) so that, as you said, it could be run through the old fashioned credit card machines where they held down a lever for pressure and ran something across to create an impression on a slip of paper.  The only Corvair one I've seen was a series of plastic strips (maybe 5 or 6 of them?) which were stuck into the back of the owner manual and containing the appropriate information.

Later, JR