<VV> Protecto plates

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 3 15:42:50 EST 2007

The protecto plate in my book is all metal and it appears as though it came
with the book from the factory, since it's glued in.  However, in the middle
of the plate is the reverse Dyno label with the original owners name, date
of purchase on the 1st line, then his street address on 2nd line and then
his town and state (pre zip code) on the bottom line.  On the opposite page
from the plate is a stamped impression of the plate, which line up with a
pre-printed box that has the squares that are labeled where the trim and
paint codes, VIN, engine and axel number, and the trans number gets stamped.
In the middle of these codes is the owners information.

Also all the service coupons are still intact and makes for interesting
reading.

With all this talk, I decided to see if the dealership was still in
business, it wasn't.  The Chevy dealer now in Ozark, Alabama, has been in
business for 16 years.  However when I looked up the name for the dealership
it came up with a picture of their grand opening 1949.  Another note on
referred to a picture from the early 1900's, showing a brick building with a
sign saying the sold horses and mules.  The owners name was not the same as
the dealership, but the note for the picture stated the building was located
where the Chevy dealership is now.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Kent Island, MD