<VV> Paint opinions

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Dec 5 11:42:17 EST 2007

Lacquer (or the lacquers I've used) lack ling-term durability.  However,
they are easy to apply, easy to color sand / buff, and easy to spot
repair.  They also have a quick dry time which is important in a garage
shop.  I've painted cars with both lacquer and single stage enamel.  My
best was a single stage enamel that I shot outside on a windless day
right after an overnight rain.  It was almost perfect -- only one small
defect where I had to remove a bug from the wet paint.

Dave Keillor