<VV> Does anyone know anything about the XP880

Dave & Carole Thomson jdavethomson at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 5 23:50:35 EST 2007

Try this link, it was all Corvette based.  As well for the XP882 I remember an article in Car and Driver in the early 70's (not that long ago for us 60 year old folks), that covered this unit, and even had a tear out that allowed you to cut out the car sections (at car model scales) from a file folder, then actually glue together a neat model of the prototype.  Way cool for the time.

A quote from the website
"Though not called Corvette, the curvy one-off Astro II of 1968 fueled rumors that a mid-engine Chevy sports car was near. Developed as GM project XP-880, it was a follow-up to the previous year's Corvair-based Astro I, but carried a Corvette V-8 and conventional doors. The entire rear half of the body was hinged to tilt up for engine access."

Dave....(68 Kelmark V8 and 66 Corsa Vert 140-4)

http://www.idavette.net/prototyp.htm