<VV> Kovacs

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Dec 7 06:43:57 EST 2007

 Yes, and I kind of remember some sort of conflict with someone just
before he left.  He took the Corvair, which was his wife's car, and
left his Rolls at the party.  The pictures of the car showed high
speed severe damage and it hit on a front corner ... not characteristic
of an over-steer accident.

Speaking of over-steer ... in the early years (since 1964) I have driven
many many Corvairs many many miles and have never experienced one truly
over-steering.  My experience is they under-steer much less than front
engine cars; that is to say they are much closer to neutral steering.
Ken Pepke

I had always been under the impression that it was at least partially alcohol related.  He was on his way home from a party.>From the famous wick:Ten days before his 43rd birthday, Kovacs was killed in an automobile accident in Los Angeles. After meeting Adams at a party hosted by Milton Berle and his wife, the couple left in separate cars---Kovacs had been working for much of the evening before the party---and, during an unusual southern California rainstorm, the comedian lost control of the Chevrolet Corvair station wagon while turning fast, crashing into a power pole at the corner of Beverly Glen and Santa Monica Boulevards, and being thrown halfway out the passenger side, dying almost instantly from chest and head injuries.Later, JR