<VV> Paint opinions

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sat Dec 8 09:10:39 EST 2007

   =C2=A0My  brothers  ran  a  restoration  shop  in  the  80s  and their
   preferred  =  technique at that time was acrylic enamel with hardener.
   After  it  really  se=  t up, you could buff it out like lacquer. They
   regularly  generated  show  win=  ners  for customers in that era even
   though  they  were very young at the time= ...early 20s...so it didn't
   take  too  much  experience  to  do. It is what was = used on my 66 in
   1985,  and  the  paint is still ok though it is finally showi= ng wear
   and time to do it again if I want it to stay really nice:

   &nb= sp;

   =C2=A0http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/Vehicles/66Corvair

   &= nbsp;

   But...base coat/clear coat is the modern technology...at least = until
   the EPA forces a move to water-based paint...which is coming.

   =

   Mark Noakes=C2=A0