<VV> Flywheel bolts

Robyn Wood robynwood at thelearningpark.com
Wed Dec 12 01:25:25 EST 2007

Well the consensus is to dress any rough edges, flatten out a socket end,
and reinstall.  Sounds like a good plan, I will let you know how it turns
out this upcoming weekend.  BTW, did a lot of searching the local
nut/bolt/fastener companies and all of them turned up as "not carried", a
couple of them could make some for me (in 100 unit qty's), and even the big
GM parts house here said they could order them in for about $6 each.  Just
seemed like a weird thing, that a bolt used on a '60 eras car could not be
found on the shelf.

Guess I will be careful with the next can of rusty bolts I come across.....

Thanks for the assistance,
Updates to follow...

Robyn Wood,
'63 Spyder Vert (almost ready for the road)
'62 Rampside

Ps, Hank, I talked to Deck Dept. and they suggested just reordering the
whole item.  You wouldn't happen to have a National Stock Number for a '63
turbo drive train would you?  I'm sure there is one sitting on a supply
shelf somewhere in Kansas.. :)