<VV> RE:cleaning up cly heads

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 10:14:04 EST 2007

<snip>
Bob asked:
I have been using 1/8" drill bits to clean up the casting  and flashing
between the cooling fins. I broke quite a few bits but the heads are real
nice now. Does anyone have a better way of doing this?
<unsnip>

Craig replies:
I use a keyhole saw (drywall - very rugged). These have a large wooden
handle like a screwdriver.  You can pop the end with your fist to bust
through the flash and then wiggle it in to widen the opening.  I also have a
handle that screws onto a 1/2 hacksaw blade. The hacksaw blade's finer teeth
are easier to work with than the keyhole saw.  Bust through with the keyhole
saw, clean up with the hacksaw. I have long "jobber" drill bits too.  The
factory "J" tool (which I have but haven't used) is like a thin chisel with
a blunt rectangular end. It's about 3/32" thick by 1/2" wide.  I think
someone could easily fabricate one by grinding the end off of a regular
chisel.
Craig Nicol