<VV> A Multi Corvair Club Event for 2008

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Dec 18 22:37:00 EST 2007

Message forwarded from Ray & Kathy Coker.  Please
respond to them at the e-mail address or telephone number listed below.  --Bob

My wife and I have been members of NJACE for
about 8 years during which time we both
occasionally held officer positions in the club,
consisting of Activities Director and Newsletter
Editor.   During our years in NJACE we have met
wonderful people in our club and in other Corvair
clubs within the region.   At the start of 2007
we quit the rat race associated with the
corporate world and moved from New Jersey to
north central Pennsylvania and purchased a
campground.   The campground we purchased has the
facilities to host many events from music shows,
flea markets, car clubs, winter sports etc.

Recently we had a campground event, a chili
cook-off, which was attended by about 15 NJACE
members, 5 of whom drove their Corvairs from New
Jersey.  As a result of the positive feedback
from that experience, we are tossing around an
idea of hosting a Multi-Corvair Club event here
at the campground in 2008.   Following is a list
of what the campground and surrounding community
can offer.  Hopefully after reading this you will
be as excited as we are about our idea.

1.      Sullivan County PA is a lovely forgotten
place in the Endless Mountains offering scenic
drives, covered bridges, quaint towns, majestic
overlooks and one traffic light.  Yes, think
about that as you drive to and from work this
week, we have one traffic light in 478 square miles.   No traffic jams here.
2.      There are several local wineries and
antique stores nearby and we are situated between
two state parks
Worlds End and Ricketts Glen
which offer great hiking, and beautiful vistas.
3.      The campground offers a large activity
field that could be used for swap meets, car
shows, ball games and other activities.
4.      We have 101 large wooded campsites.
5.      78 of our campsites offer water,
electricity, cable TV, picnic tables and fire
rings.  The rest are tent sites for the more
hearty among us that don’t need electricity or
water but they do offer picnic tables and fire rings.
6.      We have two rustic cabins which can sleep
4 to 6 people (pets are permitted)
7.      We have two fully furnished cottages
which can sleep 6 to 8 people (no pets permitted in the cottages)
8.      There is a bar / restaurant at the end of
our driveway that has 12 hotel rooms and a
private dining room for club events and a parking
lot that could be used for a car show
9.      There is a B&B 3 miles away
10.     We have a large covered pavilion for cook-outs, awards ceremonies etc
11.     We have a 20 X 40 in ground heated pool
12.     We have other activities including
horseshoe pits, volley ball, soft ball, hiking
trails, a game room and a children’s playground
13.     There is a store / gift shop
14.     We sell fire wood, ice and have a propane filling station
15.     and more

We have fallen in love with this place and see an
excellent opportunity to get Corvair clubs from
the northeast and mid-Atlantic states together to
meet here and have a great time.  If you and
other members of your local club are interested
or if you would just like to have more
information please contact us at the email
address or telephone numbers listed below.

We have the dates of September 5 - 7 2008 (Friday
- Sunday) open for such an adventure.  Please
speak with your club members and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks

Ray & Kathy Coker

Pioneer Campground

“The Place You Want To Be, Not The Place You Have To Be”

<http://www.pioneercampground.com>www.pioneercampground.com

<mailto:pioneercg at epix.net>pioneercg at epix.net

(570) 946-9971