<VV> VDO cylinder head temp. sender

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 20:42:41 EST 2007

On my newly purchased gauge sender unit, they advise me to put it under a spark plug or on a head bolt.If I go with it under a spark plug, they advise removing the gasket from the plug. Would I run wire next to spark plug wire over top of shrouds or do I run it under top shroud?(not an easy job at this point).Where do some of you vair heads run this particular sender unit/wire?Or, would I be able to use a working OE thermister with this aftermarket gauge?
Thanks.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado.