<VV> Re: High Volume Oil pump

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 21 11:21:33 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

Never sheared off the drive pin on the distributer mounted gear but it sure
did increase the wear on the brass drive gear mounted on the end of the
crank not to mention increasing the amount of metal filings floating around
in the oil.  If I ever go to a remote oil cooler on one of my rigs, I'll
probably run a separate tilton pump straight off a deep sump oil pan leaving
the stock pump alone.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!