<VV> Good Oil Filters for the Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 03:11:49 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/24/2007 2:30:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvette at velocity.net writes:

anyone  have a list of oil filters , like the name and # that fit the corvair
, i  would like to have a list just in case i run across some at swapmeets
and such  , Thanks Frank From Near Erie Pa 65 Corvair Monza  Cp.  110.

Why put on a swap meet filter that may have been rolling around in a trunk
for a decade? Filters - even good ones, like WIX, NAPA Gold, even the
now-discontinued ACs, are cheap. Buy new ones, good ones and keep "A" spare.  Clarks
has a new one that seems to be built well. There is one brand still  around,
the name rhymes with "Cram" - I would stay away from their Corvair  filters. I
have run their true racing filters and they are fine. But they went  Cheap on
construction for the mass market. - Seth  Emerson