<VV> Aluminum Parts

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Feb 14 08:59:55 EST 2007

Perhaps this will spur someone with experience to reply.  Second hand

On Feb 14, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Bill Kronen wrote:

> Do they all work?

Polishing stuff works, but you need to match the product to the use.
For example, getting rid of a scratch requires a more aggressive
compound than just shining up a dull surface.

>   Is one better than the others?

I would think so.  Meguire's and 3M products are generally safe bets,
but there might be better stuff out there - especially for a
specialized application like polishing aluminum.

>   Is hand polishing as good as power buffing?

Results wise, I think so.  The two main differences are that hand
polishing takes a *lot* longer.  OTOH, you can destroy a part fairly
easily power buffing.

If nothing else, you might want to look in Eastwood's catalog, they
have a lot of buffing stuff and some explanation as to what does what.

--Bryan