<VV> 65 Corsa Dash - how to remove clock, + chock adjustment

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:17:22 EST 2007

#1 It's time to build a completely working, better looking dash for my 65
Corsa.  How do you remove the clock from the glass w/o breaking anything?
Specifically the time adjuster knob sticking thru the glass.  It's got a
tiny slot in the tip.  Is that a screw head and you hold onto the shaft with
needle nose pliers?

#2 While adjusting the choke on my right carb (same car) I'm pushing the
choke pulloff so it's fully depressed while pushing the choke plate shaft
plate gently against that rod.  The rod is supposed to be bent to adjust the
choke plate.  My rod is completely straight and it's still too wide.  Only
thing I can do is lengthen the hole in the choke pull off so it doesn't
close the choke so far.  If I take out too much I can always adjust the rod
again.  It's an aftermarket (almost new) choke pull off, metal base.  Just
wondering why my parts don't match.  Seems odd to me.

Thanks,

Barry Ellison in SC, 32 degrees, whooping high of 44 scheduled.  Still
blasted cold to me to work on cars, therefore I'm inside re-working a dash
til lunchish.
2 lates, 2 earlies.