<VV> 65 Corsa Dash - how to remove clock, + chock adjustment

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Feb 17 17:29:27 EST 2007

What do you call too wide? Just a little wider than factory spec, or
butterfly wide open? There is some lattitude in this dimension. The
choke pull off needs to open the butterfly to prevent over rich mixture.
You said "doesn't close the choke so far", and this is reverse. Choke
thermostat closes choke, pull off opens. As long as the pull off opens
the butterfly a ways, all will probably be OK. If the dimension is too
large, the only effect should be lean running after cold start, but
normal after warm up. I have bent many of these rods to open the
butterfly to specs. ( .180" to .195"),  but .25"  may work OK for you.
It won't be 32 ° for you very long now!

Frank DuVal