<VV> Water Cooled Heads - Some Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 00:30:45 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/18/2007 2:23:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
NicolCS at aol.com writes:

Yes, but  not sure of the date.  BTW, 911's for the last decade have  had
water cooled heads, the '01 in my shop has them.  Interestingly, it's  a
small,
thin radiator, perhaps 13 x 13, mounted forward of the left  front  wheel.
The
same car has two A/C condensers, one at the  LF and other at the  RF.
Craig

At least one set of Corvair heads were converted to water cooling. A fellow
in southern California made the effort to weld-up a set. The effort was
chronicled in a trade magazine I read at the time - about 25 years ago. Anybody
else remember this? It was a welding/metalworking trade mag of some type. I
actually cut out the multi-page article and kept it around for a while. Long
gone now. - Seth