<VV> Fun With Corvairs

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 3 18:27:10 EST 2007

As with all things I have learned something that my "smarter than me" wife
tried to tell me.
When I bought my 66 Vair back in 94 and began the long and continuing
"project car" journey I had convinced myself that
I was doing this so I would have a fun car to drive.
That part is certainly true. My wife kept saying that I enjoyed working on
it more than I did driving it.
For the most part, she is right. It has been good, bad, satisfying and
frustrating but,
I keep doing it.
True, I could never sell it for anything near what I have spent and keep
spending but that was never even
a consideration.The fun I have with it is priceless.

That brings up a time last year I think when Warren LeVeque asked the list
to write about exactly why we like
these old cars called Corvairs.
It was interesting in the fact that I, like all the others wrote extensively
only to arrive at the answer I ended up with.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKE THESE DAMN THINGS, I JUST DO!

Rick Norris