FW: <VV> Best Corvair story.

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Fri Jan 5 09:08:32 EST 2007

Here is one that sticks in my memory:  In 1967, after getting out of the
service in Northern Michigan I was driving home with my family in
February (anybody remember THAT February)I had two young kids in the car
and my wife, it was snowing pretty hard and it was that heavy wet snow,
my son threw up in the back seat of my 65 Monza (4 DOOR with fold down
rear seat)and the car smelled great, I was going into a turn on a two
lane with a large semi coming in the other direction and took my foot
off the gas pedal to slow into the turn and NOTHING happened, the snow
got packed up some where and jammed up the linkage, pumping the pedal
repeatedly freed it up but not before my life and the semi passed before
my eyes.  I will always remember that trip and the most snow I've ever
seen in my life.

Regards,

Guy Brandes 65 VAIR 140