<VV> Bleeders

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Jan 12 23:02:15 EST 2007

From: "Andy Clark"
I've mentioned this before, but for those who haven't seen it: grease the
bleeder screw threads lightly to stop them leaking air when you use the
vacuum pump. Now, when the system is completely bled, you won't get any
deceptive bubbles.
  Smitty says:  Hate to burst your bubble Andy.  Ho Ho I crack me up.  But the threads of the bleeder have nothing to do with sealing.  It is the cone shaped end on the bleeder pressing on the seat in the cylinder that does the sealing.  Another point: any grease at all that gets adrift in a brake system has the potential of damaging cups.