<VV> VV LED Dashlight question

john jncmiller at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 14 13:34:40 EST 2007

  I have been looking at LED replacement bulbs for the dashlights in a late model. I am not sure what the original bulb numbers are.....too lazy, and too cold to go out and look today. But it looks like there are some single LED's with a diffuser  BA9s     and a 4 LED model  BA9s-4     that are available.
  I know the instrument panel insides are green. How would this translate with Red bulbs? Would it end up Violet? I have disassembled a dash before and repainted the green with satin white to brighten the lights and make the dash glow white instead of green.
  I am sure there will be some objections to doing this since it is non stock but then I am a non stock kinda guy....and it's for Sheila's car and she thinks red lights are easier to see at night.....and less eyestrain.
  Any thoughts?

John Miller
Iowa