<VV> Re: Tire sizes

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 14:00:09 EST 2007

At the recommendation of other club members, we ended
up buying Delta Fortune tires, size 185/80-R13s, from
a small dealer in W. Bridgewater, MA. They were about
$50 each and have whitewalls.

We'd looked at the Kumho tires at Tirerack.com, and
they had the advantage of being cheap--but it wasn't
clear how wide the whitewall was. I called customer
service and they sent me a photo, but didn't have any
handy to measure. In the picture the white stripe
looked a bit narrower than we preferred.  But they're
certainly a reasonable option.  See
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Touring+A%2FS+795&partnum=88SR3TAS795W&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

C. Raia