<VV> Fuel filters, the other point of view

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 08:35:08 EST 2007

On my way home from the CORSA convention in Buffalo, I had a fuel filter
plug up with crap I probably shook loose by running in the autocross.
Fortunately a previous owner had installed the filter just inside the
firewall in the engine compartment with spring clip clamps.  It was a 2
minute job with a pair of pliers to remove the old one and install a new
metal filter and I was on my way again.  If the filter was under the car
behind the gas tank, I would have had to jack the car up and crawl under it
to change the filter.  Of course the filter being the lowest point of the
system would have leaked fuel out until I could wrestle the new one onto the
hoses.  Call me a new convert to filters in the engine compartment.  Much
easier!
Clark Hartzel