<VV> Rough at 2000

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Sun Jan 28 23:18:23 EST 2007

Well I finally got time to play with the Rampy again today.  Thanks to all that gave suggestions to look.  Bob Helt came closest as he told me to put a timing light on and see if the roughness could be seen with the light.  Yes it could!!  I played with the distributer and ended up pulling it to try a different one....no need.  The gear had partly sheared the roll pin and I was able to move it, with a little force back and forth.  I would guess about 20 to 30 degrees.  So today while I had it out I went ahead and overhauled it.  New bushings, roll pin, and new points plate.  The Ole girl is now running fine!!

Jim Dallas
CORSA
MCCA
GNRT