<VV> EM heater update

Devin devin at valleyautomotivesupply.com
Sun Jan 28 23:30:27 EST 2007

Took some time this afternoon (most of it) and disassembled the ducts on =
my
63.  Started at the manifold in the rear and cleared it out of all =
remaining
insulation.  What was there was fairly intact.  I disassembled all the
ducting all the way to the dash and found some interesting artifacts.  I
removed the passenger side first, and found that the foot duct had a =
body
bolt jammed in it, between the flap and the cable, not allowing it to go =
the defrost position.  I also found evidence of a previous repair to the
ducting from there up to the dash.  The tube where it bends nearly 90
degrees to go behind the glove box had been taped together at some point =
in
the past, but obviously not removed to do so.  I took off the old tape =
(it
mostly fell off) and taped it all back together.  After blowing out all =
the
remaining ducting along the door sills I reassembled everything and =
cleaned
out the driver=92s side.  It had quite a bit more insulation than the =
other
side.  I didn=92t disassemble the tubing between the floor and dash, but =
I did
find a 9/16 socket in the floor vent I had no idea was there.  I did a =
quick
test as I was cleaning up and found that there is definitely more =
airflow on
the passenger side, where I had the least.  Heat seemed good, but =
there=92s a
huge difference between a sunny 55 degree afternoon and a 30 degree =
morning.

=20

Devin  =20

--=20