<VV> oil leak

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jan 29 09:15:29 EST 2007

Smell the oil.

Differential grease has an odor that cannot be missed. If your smeller
is not working, ask another to take a whiff. It has a very sharp odor as
compared to engine oil. I've been told it is the extreme pressure
additives that have this sharp smell.

Also, did you replace the differential input seal while it was separated
from the engine?

Yes, the big washer goes just under the crankshaft bolts. No front or
back to the washer.

Frank DuVal