<VV> hand controls and stick shift

Matt Nall nalllm at verizon.net
Thu Jul 5 23:20:59 EDT 2007

1  Scottie says his legs are "giving out"..making it extremely hard to drive
the Manual trans...not parapalegic?

Normal hand controls have the lever that you push forward to apply the
throttle..and pull back to apply brakes..this is accomplished by levers /
rods.

Note:  on the aforementioned car....we added a longer "arm" from the pivot
of the throttle link to move the Vair pedal the full travel...

For a clutch, if Scotties RIGHT foot is still strong enough....we'd just run
the  " Throttle" linkage to the clutch pedal!

What??  you say to "busy" for his right hand..depressing the clutch while
moving the shifter......

Then make the Hand control on the left side!

But..he doesn't feel comfortable letting go of the wheel to move the
shifter.????

Then we'd need  PNEUMATICS [ cheapest of the 3 possibles / "Stepping" DC
motor /  Hydraulics - power assist..but all   thumb control .

DC  Compressors are cheap... Airbags for load assist are plentiful.....a
small storage stank is easily procured and mounted out of the way

A simple push button that fills the bag.. to depress..and a simple orifice
to control bleeddown....engagement...

What say ye??  ggg

Matt Nall
All Vairs!