<VV> Rusted Brake Drum

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:46:37 EDT 2007

I pulled a LM car from the woods (after cutting down trees around it) -
trying to save as much as I can for rebuilding.  Brake drums are rusted
tight.  I was able to get one off and loose but of course, I broke the rim
pounding on it.  I was able to put the lug nuts on and with a pipe wedged
between the lug nuts, I turned the axle.  That broke the rust enough for me
to get it off.

Pounded on the outer rim and pounded on the face.

The other one is also broken already, but it's still stuck tight.  Pipe just
bends the lug nuts.  Tranny's in neutral.

Heat?  Penetrant?  WD-40?  Break the rest of the drum apart where the shoes
fit?  Other suggestions?

Barry in SC
2 lates, 2 earlies