<VV> PG adjustment nightmare

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 14 10:05:58 EDT 2007

I went to check the belcrank rotation again.  I'm going to use the
main arm of the belcrank as a descriptor.  To me, that is the part of
the belcrank north of the connection holes for the throttle from the
tunnel and the connection to the tranny.

Full out (belcrank extended out of the tranny - remember it is moving
horizontally), the arm rotates freely CW until the arm almost reaches
the 12 o'clock position before hitting something internally that
pushes it out 1/8 " (approximately) and then stops at the 1 o'clock
position.  Again, there is no great pressure needed to rotate it in
this direction, it moves freely.  CCW the arm goes to the 11 o'clock
position and then under pressure (about the 20 pounds described
earlier) goes to the 10 o'clock position, but will spring back.

Full in, the arm is between the 11 and 12 o'clock position and won't
move.

Hope that clears that up.  :)

Stephen U