<VV> Front Engine Shroud Removal--'61 Monza

Kent Duncan kent_duncan at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 23:29:46 EDT 2007

Do I *really* have to remove the exhaust manifolds to
remove the front shrouds on my '61 Monza?  Isn't
removing exhaust manifolds a source of all kinds of
potential headaches?  (I do have busted
manifold-to-exhaust pipe studs that I suppose would be
more easily repaired off the car...)

I'm attempting to do a thorough cleaning job without
removing the engine.  All the other shrouds are off,
but the shop manual says the exhaust manifolds have to
come off before removing the front shrouds.  I don't
want to believe it.

Any counsel on engine bay cleaning in general also
welcomed.

Kent Duncan