<VV> '69 directional flasher question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 22:22:48 EDT 2007

                                     B"H

Mike:  As a long time '69 owner, I'm sure you know
more than I do about this, and it's maddening, that's
for sure!

I have heard that direction signal problems with the
'67-69 models can be the result of:

1.  Bad turn signal cam (Boyne unit replaceable for
around $15.)
2.  Bad dash grounding strap

My 69 has a problem where the left turn signal/brake
light works sometimes, sometimes not.  I have given it
a swat on the lense and then it starts working again,
but eventually it craps out again.  I put in a new
bulb, cleaned the ground contacts, added dielectric
grease to the socket but it still doesn't work
correctly.

I have also heard that the circuit used for the rear
turn signals is NOT the one used for the front, the
fronts go to the flasher and the rears to through the
turn signal switch(!)

I ran a voltmeter to the wires leading to the socket;
all is good.  I don't think I'm getting voltage to the
main connector either, not a good sign.

Have you replaced the flasher?  You can use the 4-way
as a test.

I would suggest taking good old VOM/ohmmeter and test
away, at all points along the circuit, including the
turn signal switch itself, to see where you're getting
good current.

Good luck my friend and let me know how you make
out...Bill Hershkowitz
69 Monza Hardtop 110 PG