<VV> Pertronix

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 22:37:07 EDT 2007

My textbooks show the stock ignition having a condenser and a coil that,
when the points open, cause the coil and condenser to act as an oscillator. I
don't see the condenser on the Pertronix plate.  Does this mean that there  is
no oscillation to be found, say, if I hook up a wire to the (-) terminal on
the coil? the reason I ask is that I considered using the (-) coil terminal as a
 place to pick up a signal for indicating engine RPM for a fuel injection
system  but I don't want an oscillating signal, just a signal telling me whether
the points are open (or the practical equivalent with the Pertronix.)

Scotty from Hollyweird