<VV> GM Part Numbers Help

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 22:06:09 EDT 2007

Joe,

The Group # is .030 and the cylinder/piston size should be stock, if as sold
new.  The second number, 3838077, is listed in the P&A 30 as for a 61-63 car
and FC application.  The other number, 3869276 is listed as a 66-69 for cars
exc. H/Per (which I don't understand) exc. A.I.R . (H/Per w/ A.I.R is listed
as 3889799). I would suspect if ALL the cylinders are notched then some are
mis-boxed. All pistons should be flat top.  Were I you, I would check the
wrist pin height to make sure the pistons are either early, or late height,
since you have boxes that indicate both early and late pistons/pin/rings.
Early piston's height are taller from wrist pin to piston top.

Good Luck

Chuck S
BBRT