<VV> Detroit autocross report

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 00:45:54 EDT 2007

Today was the CORSA national autocross. There were many cars in the field,
everything from stock to all out race cars. I thought the surface wasn't too
bad, but then again I used to some pretty bad stuff in Wichita. Warren LeVeque
gave a group track walk for the novices. I tagged a long for part of it to
see  if I could pick up some good pointers from the master.

The course was laid out to avoid the bad pavement. Some of the cones were
difficult to see and the surface was a bit slippery. In other words, I felt
right at home.

I didn't really follow all of the races, but Seth got FTD in Dave  Edsinger's
Stinger wit a time around 41 or 42 seconds. I think it was pretty  close at
the top. I think I edged out John Gray for SM by less than 0.01 seconds  for
top SM honors.

Other notable items, Rick Norris got his car's oil leak issued licked (so  to
speak) and the car ran great. Kevin "UNSAFE" Willson only hit one cone, so
his title of cone killing king may be in jeperity. The Beefs and Bohunks didn't
 kill each other. No major mechanical failures that I saw.

Many of the competitors brought their own cheering section. There were lots
of spectators and great viewing areas for them to sit and plenty of shade. I
think everyone had a great time and another great job by DACC.

Ned