<VV> Spyder Dash Cluster Installed in 64 FC DeluxeI

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 12:15:06 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

The fuel gauge and the speedo will be off.  I've got the spyder dash in my
van.  I lived with the fuel gauge being slightly off.  You will notice it
when it approaches empty as the needle doesn't go all the way to E.  I just
watch the needle and when it gets in between the E and the next mark, I fill
it.  I can tell there is still some gas in the tank as long as the needle
bounces.  For the speedo, I changed the plastic gear in the differential.
The tires on an FC are a larger diameter so that's what causes speedo to run
slower plus mine has a 3.89 gear set which causes the speedo to run faster.
There are several different plastic gears available from the vendor, one of
which might give you the correction you need.

Have fun,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Mike said
>Question for those in the know: will the Spyder gas gauge work well with
the
>existing FC fuel level sender (calibration OK?)?  And, how about the
>calibration of the speedometer? The rear in the Brier is 3:55, but haven't
a  clue
>about the car the dash cluster came from. I'm assuming all will be well as
long
>as the spedo gear in the drive train matches the axle ratio (which it
does).