<VV> More on piston rings concern or.. improvement ?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 02:39:51 EDT 2007

Roger...

Every once in a blue moon, you may see a puff of smoke (oil) at start up.  I
generally attribute that to either a line up of ring gaps while sitting OR
(could be both) sitting on a slope where one side of the engine is higher
than the other.

I agree with what you said - just pointing out a possible (insignificant)
instance where a gap alignment may be noticed in a Corvair engine.

Later, JR