<VV> cooling fan history / thoughts

Matt Nall nalllm at verizon.net
Tue Jul 31 17:38:28 EDT 2007

AHH,, now we do think alike!!  Good thing we don't LOOK alike!!! ggg

I feel a newer  smaller  Starter motor from a small 4 cyl. engine, without
the snout ,  must make 6-8 hp to crank the engine when hot.... and super
cheap in wrecking yards for the "Test"....maybe only 25-40  amps in a system
running the early HD  fan  and a speed just adequate  for THAT engines
maximum cooling needs...

Maybe one of those geared Super Starters?

Just find the right sized pulley

A 60 amp Alternator and a group 27 ? [ new designation??]  would possibly be
adequate..

Matt Nall
All Vairs!
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt