<VV> rebuilding carbs

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Tue Jun 5 16:23:34 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

     I am preparing to rebuild my (140) carbs with the help of a friend who has some experience.  I found that there was heavy carbon buildup in my engine (which had a very low mileage rebuild and was not burning oil) so I'm wondering if you guys could point me toward the known trouble spots etc.  I'm just looking for a little advice as to what to look for and fix that might be particular to Corvairs.

     I had been planning to get my carbs professionally rebuilt, but I spent a lot more $$ then I expected on other parts of the car (heads) and now have to watch my budget.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez