<VV> the "next generation" of Corvair enthusiasts

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Jun 8 22:45:59 EDT 2007

> Mikes right!! Ray only speaks for NORMAL   kids / people......they don't
> change in mid stream dramatically.....
> The sick / lame / lazy  / Mentally blind / mentally crippled / crazies  are
> the ones that don't mature.....they just  Flip Flop thru life!
>
><snip><
>
> Matt Nall
> All Vairs! [ collector cars]
> http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
> Lots of Corvair Technical info!

There are times, and this is one of them, when I worry about Matt's grasp on reality.  I hope he's OK but the signs are not good.

Define what a "normal" kid is Matt, is there such a thing?  Kids are no different than us oldsters (other than their age); they are all different.  I'm sure a lot of "kids" would agree with Ray but I'm just as sure that there's even more kids who wouldn't.  I had friends who were into car stereos when I was in high school, but I only needed a AM/FM cassette, some kids didn't have a radio in their car.  Some of my friends had go straight only muscle cars (Cuda's, Mustangs), some had fun handling cars (Datsun 510's) and some just drove what their parents had (VW Rabbit).  Even then, I didn't like the dragster cars, I liked the handling cars.  The weird thing is, I don't remember even hearing about Corvairs (I graduated in '77).    I didn't know of them until I went off to college and met the girl who would eventually become my wife - she had a 66 4-door.  There wasn't one car or type of car that was universally loved by everyone.  There was a variety of tastes and preferences.  I contend that there still is.  Ray's comments are useful and relevant but not universal.

mikeH