<VV> Little Corvair- Compressors again

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 10:02:12 EDT 2007

Rick,
    I agree that the "direct-drive" units (where the  compressor runs as fast
as the drive motor) are noisier but how can they  possibly create MORE
moisture in the air that they compress?  Where does  the "extra" moisture come from
assuming the air is compressed to the same  pressure?
    One advantage of the oilless type is the lack of  any oil in the
compressed air.  But you still have to remove the moisture  before you use the air for
painting or driving air tools.
    Frank "said to be full of hot air" Burkhard

In a message dated 6/10/2007 8:47:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,