<VV> Weird Powerglide Leak

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Jun 10 10:20:49 EDT 2007

>  The Powerglide in my 64 Monza leaks fluid about a day after I drive it;
> not right after I park it, but a day or so later and then continues with
> a slow leak.

Check where the shifter cable enters the transmission. When the torque
converter leaks down and raises the level in the case (why the engine must
be idling to check the PG fluid level) the seal has often aged and develops
a slow leak.

I used a piece of rubber hose, slit and coated with a product called
"Seal-All" from Home Depot which claims to be "Gas and Oil Resistant".
Seems to be working.
http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall.htm

Padgett