<VV> Compressors again

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Jun 10 14:03:50 EDT 2007

The other side of the story is: I have had a 6.5 hp (old designation)
Sears oilless (60 gal tank) for 13 years in my shop.   I would
estimate its running at about 10 hours per month except in the spring
and fall when I do my outside media blasting; then it runs 5 hours a
day for a month.  Other than a yearly change of piston rings, it has
never need maintenance (it has an automatic water drain).  The only
time the compressor is very loud is when it needs new piston
rings.  I also have a 1975 portable 3 hp, 30 gal C & H, oil, dual
piston which is just a noisy as the Sears, admitted at a different frequency.
Jim Davis