<VV> Will it never end?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 22 02:43:32 EDT 2007

Are (were) one (or both) of the bolts holding the starter in place loose?
If not, you have probably already answered the question.

While EM power top mechanism is hydraulic, it is still powered from an
electric motor.  I'd look at the connections at the switch, at the switch
itself, and any other connections in the path to the motor which are easily
accessible first - before trying to raise the top manually.  If it IS the
switch, you should be able to reverse the connections so that down now
becomes up.  Worth a try.

BTW - you can still drive with the top down (I pretty much always do),
otherwise they would not have even built convertibles in the first place...
GRIN

Later, JR