<VV> Stripped out helicoil

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:00:13 EDT 2007

True - I suppose it's worth saving, but it's not the 1st one I'd pull off
the shelf to use.

Let's say you fix those 3, re-assemble, re-install, torque the head down,
and bang, there goes another one?  I'd be scared of the block as a whole.
That's basically what happens to me.  I lost 2 the 1st time, 1 the 2nd, 1
the third, 0 the 4th.  Got to replace a rod soon.  Glad I've got the tools
and parts in the tool box.  Next time it happens - I'm ready.

Barry in SC
Several timeserts on one crankcase halve.