<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 29, Issue 103

Phil philandcaroll at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 30 00:01:20 EDT 2007

If you are talking the transverse spring on the rear suspension, here is
what I have finally learned to do. Starting with the car on jack stands, and
everything connected, place a jack (the scissors jack works pretty well)
under the spring on one end, just inside of the bolt. Slowly raise the jack
until the pressure is taken off the single bolt, then remove the nuts in the
A arm that holds the bolt assembly in place. Slowly lower the jack until all
the pressure is off and the spring is relaxed, leaving the bolt assembly on
the now free end of the spring.

>From here, just remove the two bolts on the bottom of the transaxle, and
swing the spring out of the way, letting it hang on the bolt on the other
end. I swing it up under the car so it won't be in the way when I am working
to remove the engine.

Hope this helps,

Phil