<VV> Ebay Spyder

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 4 12:56:57 EST 2007

The "shock" on the steering linkage is a steering damper, Common after
market item to help reduce road vibration and steering kickback when
hitting bumps while driving and cornering.

The red tank is a water injection system.  Water sprayed into the air
stream (notice small hose into air cleaner) help reduce intake charge
temp, lower combustion temps, reduce detonation, which all allows for
higher turbo pressure to be ran, meaning more power....

Looks like a few extra gages to monitor things as well...

Rick Loving

<SNIP>
Hi,

This 1964 Spyder ( Ebay item# 330093129631 ) Has some things pictured in

the ad that I can't identify. First is that in the picture of the front
underside of the car, there is some type of device connected to the
steering linkage. Does anyone know what that might be for?

Also in one picture of the engine compartment there is some type of red
container mounted on the rear panel. Same question.

Lastly, in the picture of the instrument panel one or two of the gauges
look different to me. Not sure if this is the result of seeing them
mounted in a chromed panel or if there IS a REAL difference.

Kerry B.

1963 1/2 Spyder Convertible