<VV> Found a 61 Rampy at wrecking yard in DFW TX

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 22 15:59:09 EST 2007

Hadnt been junkyarding in a long time.  Recovering from doing
something nasty to my lower back and have been home all week, bored
to death, since I couldnt do much of anything without lots of stars
before my eyes.  That has finally stopped and I am again mobile, but
moving gingerly.

Anyhow, I needed a spare rim for a recently acquired water-pumper and
an air cleaner housing and several other items.  WHile trotting
around, I stumble on a 61 rampy.  ITs a bit beat up, some heavy
surface rust and missing the ramp and tailgate and psgr door, but
otherwise, pretty much all there.  Engine is missing air cleaners,
(and now dipstick tube) but therwise appears intact, including the
choke cable splitter and it is a 4 speed (Maybe one of the Granny
Gear ones!).  Chrome windshield trim is very nice.  WIndshield is no
good tho.  REar window Good, Drivers door glass good.  Drivers door
is fair, but has surface rust.

Anyhow, Looked it over and found it had the windshield washer option
that my 64 Brier does not, so I managed to get that out, except for
the nozzle which was cruddy looking, without hurting myself.  Also
got a spare radio box, a dipstick tube (mine has a hole in it from a
franz oil cleaner set-up that was on it) and a spare ashtray insert,
which I have a plan to use for a non-ashtray use.

IF anyone around DFW wants to go get some more of it, let me know and
Ill tell you where the yard is.  I didnt write the VIN down, but it
was 28xxx for the year.

They had a 60 or 61 coupe also, but it was pretty rough looking and
on top of something else and Im not doing any climbing right now.....

I think I spent over 2 and a half hours wandering around.   What a
great way to relax and I got a few things for the other parts of the
fleet as well, all for 20 bucks.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX