<VV> Number 5996

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Mar 22 17:14:36 EST 2007

FYI #5996 is well known to those into such matters. It was first owned
by Bill Garren of Piqua, Ohio and first shown at the first CORSA
convention in '71 in Chicago. It was originally built identical to
#5999, but has had some embellishments done to it along the way. It has
had numerous owners, and several paint jobs over the years. It is indeed
a 140 automatic. Last time I saw it, A.J. Stone in VA had it, but I
think it's seen a couple more owners since.

For the record, we know at least SOMEthing of the last seven cars,
numbers 5994 thru 6000. Number 5997 was the last convertible, and the
rest of them were coupes. At least one was a manual, and at least two
were 140's. The least we know of any one of them is 5998, which was a
coupe, but whether it was a Monza or 500 is unknown, as is it's fate
after it was assembled.

-Mark (last private owner of #5999, now belongs to the CPF museum)