<VV> FOUND PINK/BLACK WIRE BEHIND DASH BURNED

Gary Mierzwa vairzwa at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:03:55 EST 2007

Ron wrote: "FOUND PINK/BLACK WIRE BEHIND DASH BURNED -GOES TO 2 PLUG
CONNECTOR SOMEWHERE ... ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS PLUG FED???"

Ron:  I checked the schematics in the 66 Chassis Shop Manual Supplement and
could not find any Black/Pink wires listed.  You may have a 65 wiring
harness in your car.  In 65, the Black wires with a Pink tracer were used as
the UNFUSED feeds from the ignition switch to the ignition loads.  In the 65
schematics, the Black/Pink wires feed:
1.  High Temperature Buzzer (if equipped) which appears to be the only two
terminal connector in the Black/Pink circuits.
2.  Ignition coil positive terminal (+), fed through a ballast resistance in
the wiring harness.
3.  Instrument cluster (+) feed for fuel guage,Gen/Fan and Temp/Press
lights, and if equiped, the Tachometer and Cylinder Temp Guage.
4.   Also connects to the starter which will back-feed the circuit, through
the ignition coil ballast when the starter is engaged.

Acording to the 66 schematic, the same stuff is fed with Pink wires.  If
your car has a mix of 65 & 66 wiring harnesses the colors may be both.

If the car still runs, and the other stuff still works, you may have only
burned up the feed to the high temp buzzer which probably was never
installed anyway, I have never seen (heard) one.

Sorry I didnt get this info. to you sooner, but I just got to check my
e-mail for the first time in a week.

Gary Mierzwa
West Florida Corvair Club Inc.
Chapter 325