<VV> ahhh...darn...

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun May 6 17:33:37 EDT 2007

At 09:50 AM 5/6/2007, Frank DuVal wrote:
>No, Russel just loaded it onto the trailer for the trip home.....
>
>This of course led to the discussion of whether driving it onto the
>trailer was going to do more irrepirable damage.
>
>Everything is cause for a "discussion" at a Corvair function! ggggg
>
>Which led to more discussion of how much interrferrence the seats
>should be installed with.

I wanna see threaded seats, and a tap that will cut the threads in
the head.    Maybe then you could absolutely depend on keeping the
seats in place.

Either that or have Warren stuff deep seats in
them.     Whatever...  I've had my share of 140 seats falling out,
also had one dump itself just as I was pulling into the host motel
parking lot at the '88 Asheville Nationals... spent two anna half
days fixing the car instead of walking around checking stuff out.

Oh well, bought a head from a vendor and finished it in time to go
watch the autocross...   and the return trip home was
uneventful.    Since then, I've swapped the 140 heads out for a pair
of 95 heads.    That Asheville head is still fine, no
problems.    The other one has an intake seat sitting about 1/8" out
of its pocket... didn't come out but it was ready to, clicking
loudly, warned me of the folly of NOT yanking it.

tony..