<VV> Detonation

tconnolly tconnolly at iepfire.com
Thu May 10 11:29:36 EDT 2007

Hi all.  Last year some time I was given the tip on VV to remove the vacuum advance line to reduce detonation on my 69 PG 140 vert.  It worked and again yesterday I bent and clipped the line closed.  It has eliminated almost all knock and ping, still slight pings while stomping on it but in general it gone.

My question today is how exactly does this work to fix my problem and is it ok to do all the time.  Does this fix point to a tuning change I should be making??

Thanks,
Tom Connolly

65 Corsa Vert
64 110 4sp cp